Is silky long dress for bridesmaids and a pair of tux paired with necktie for groomsmen becoming overrated? This is the usual attire when you talk or think about wedding. It is still common and trendy these days, but for your own special event, you want to bend down some rules in following tradition. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you are looking for a more unique one, “plaid” is the magic word.
Bridesmaids’ dresses and groomsmen attire in plaid design is very ideal for certain wedding themes. These include country wedding, farm or barn wedding, spring wedding, and summer wedding. As a matter of fact, it is suitable and appropriate to almost any general wedding themes.
For the Maid of Honor and the Bridesmaids
The design of the dress for your bridesmaids and maid of honor may vary. Plaid designs do have different patterns. In terms of color, there is no limitation as to what you choose. Your desired or favorite color won’t be a problem at all if you try to prefer plaid dress for your girls. Even the fabric material won’t be an issue. Regardless of the motif you like and material you opt for, plaid dress would be a great choice of attire for each of your bridesmaids.
Here are some ideas you can consider for the women.
1. Match the plaid dress with a pair of boots. After all, it’s a country themed wedding! Although, it won’t be a bad idea to choose stilettos.
2. Have the same color of shoes and bouquets. For instance, your motif may be yellow and blue. Your bridesmaids can wear a blue plaid dress each that is matched with a pair of yellow shoes as they hold a bouquet of yellow flowers, like sunflowers or daffodils.
3. The dress does not necessarily to be a long one. It is best to have cocktail dresses, either strapless or not.
For the Best Man and the Groomsmen
If girls in plaid definitely do look hot and pretty, expect the men to be so handsome as well. There is no way you would deny each groomsman to be unattractive with their plaid designed polo shirt on. Make sure all of the men in your entourage wear the same color and design as the bridesmaids’. That means use the same fabric, so you won’t have difficulty matching your bridesmaids and groomsmen. They will be surely too cute when they are paired together.
Here are some ideas to make the men look more gorgeous:
1. Men can wear the usual vest with matching trouser and necktie or bow. Wearing a coat would be a great addition as well, but this can be optional.
2. In choosing a tie, you may go for the most common design, the much thinner one or simply a bow.
3. Let each and every groomsmen rock a cowboy hat. That is one accessory you can match with the girls’ boots.
4. It would be also a very great idea if the shoes of the boys are the pointed, leathered ones. You just need horses to complete the concept!
It will be fun to look at each of your bridesmaids and groomsmen donning their plaid wedding attire. Your guests will admire just how creative and unique your wedding is through their wedding, aside from your own beautiful wedding gown, if you are the bride, or tuxedo for the groom. This is just one way to make your wedding day more special. If you like to impress your visitors, this idea would somehow do it.